Ghostly voices in the night

So this is an absolutely true story.  

The other night, I woke up at 3.14am - the mathematician in me wouldn't forget that time.  Everything was quiet and dark, but I could hear a male voice.  It sounded like a distant radio.  Only one word every now and then was actually discernible, but it was a male voice talking slowly and deliberately as though talking on radio.  It was a calm voice.

I lay in bed trying to make out the words, but couldn't make it out. It was - annoyingly - just too quiet to be made into sentences and understand what it was saying, but it definitely sounded like a male voice.  Almost insistent like a DJ on talk show making a point.  Rising and falling, and the odd word being discernible amongst the mumble.

After listening to it for a few minutes, I decided to investigate.  My first thought was that my bedside radio had turned into on (or I had knocked it and turned it on) with the volume very low.  But no. It was turned off.  As was the radio the other side of the bed.  I then thought of the spare room - maybe the radio  in the spare room was on.  So I got out of bed and walked into the hall.  The voice got quieter as I walked out into the hall.  No noise from the spare room.  I walked through into the living room and all was silent.  I looked out into the gardens in case there was anyone in the communal gardens just over the fence talk.  Nobody around and absolute silence.  I walked back into the bedroom and got back into bed.  The noise was there again - a mumbled voice just too quiet to make out.

I fell back asleep pretty soon afterwards.

This has bugged me for a couple of days.  Was it a ghost..?

More to come on this one, I'm sure...

Popular posts from this blog

Dealing with the after life

A war of words

I saw a ghost last night.